In 2016, La Porte County Office of Economic Development made significant progress. Our focus this year was to create jobs and an environment of success. Here’s a few of our proudest moments from this past year:
- Welcomed a new executive director, David Christian.
- Presented at the Rail Summit in Chicago, reintroducing ourselves to transportation and logistics industry leaders with exciting shovel-ready opportunities.
- Submitted proposals for project opportunities in efforts to foster new business relationships and strengthen our local economy.
- Launched a new brand campaign and logo, proudly proclaiming that La Porte County is “Your open door to the future.”
- Promoted Kingsbury Industrial Park as ready to welcome new development with 627 acres of undeveloped, industrial zoned land equipped with on-site utilities.
Our department and partners are looking forward to continued growth in 2017. We’re anticipating some great new development and economic growth with the door to the future wide open.